JOB TITLE: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Rodef Sholom Board of Trustees
The Executive Director serves as the chief administrative officer of the congregation in accordance with the principles, guidelines and objectives set forth by the Board of Trustees and the Constitution and By-Laws of The Temple. The Executive Director is responsible for the implementation of the policies of the Board of Trustees. They provide the day-to-day management of Temple fiscal and administrative affairs and have direct supervisory jurisdiction over all administrative, security, and building maintenance personnel. TheExecutive Director serves as a non-voting ex-officio member of the Board of Trustees and the Executive Committee.
- Supervise, manage and develop all operations of Congregation Rodef Sholom, including office, facilities, fundraising, membership, events, education, communication, community relations, security, and staff, with the exception of the senior Rabbi, who oversees ritual and worship
- Coordinate with clergy to provide a high level of service to congregants, including clear communication and support for life cycle events and ceremonies
- Prepare budgets and engage in ongoing planning, evaluation, and business and organizational development in accordance with mission and the needs of the congregation, in coordination with applicable committees and volunteer leadership
- Maintain a high level of applicable professional knowledge, including market analysis, current trends and best practices through ongoing professional education, investigation and development of relationships with colleagues and official entities
- Supervise and manage building manager to ensure a high level of cleanliness and appropriate maintenance of all facilities as well as providing program support
- Maintain a high level of fiduciary oversight, including maintenance of assets, as well as coordinating and overseeing the development of fundraising initiatives and planned giving
- Coordinate with local synagogues and Jewish agencies as representative of Rodef Sholom to cultivate a strong Youngstown area Jewish community
- Develop meaningful relationships with congregants through supervision of on-going activities and day-to-day interactions
- Perform other duties as directed by Rodef Sholom by-laws and Board of Trustees
Professional management experience required. Ideal candidate is a self starter with a strong connection to Jewish values and Jewish communal life, who excels at efficiently developing business, connecting with people, solving problems, and who strives for excellence. Candidate must be proficient with MS Office and Google Suite, skilled in writing and have knowledge in a related field.
To apply for the Rodef Sholom Executive Director position, please send a resume and cover letter to rodefsholom@jewishyoungstown.